Swagbucks

Search & Win

Hasta Luego!

The kids' bags are packed.  Tomorrow Big Dad and I will pack.  I'll mow the lawn.  We'll make a run to the transfer station (trash).

Sunday we fly to Guatemala.  Lord willing.  I am watching the weather down there and wondering.  Tonight Big Dad quipped, "Hey, I know!  Let's go on vacation somewhere with hurricanes, active volcanos, crime and malaria!  That'd be fun!"

But I think it really will be fun.  It's an adventure.  So I am putting on my adventurous spirit and trusting God that we will all have a really fun, exciting time in Guatemala.

We will be staying with my Guatemalan family, mostly in Guatemala City.  But we will also be going to Antigua, Chichicastenango, and Tiquisate.  We will be in the jungle and in a mango plantation.  We will visit Mayan ruins and watch a volcano erupt (from a distance!).  Sounds like Indiana Jones, doesn't it?

I will be "going dark" for a couple of weeks.  My cell phone wouldn't work down there anyway.  And while we might have some internet access while in the city - we will be traveling all over.   So if you don't hear from me for a couple of weeks, you'll know we made it there okay.  No news is good news!

When we get back, I'll have pictures and lots of adventures to share with you.

Now off to pack the sketch pads, extra camera batteries, and passports.

Please pray for our health and for the weather to cooperate.

Wish you were here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Postcards

Swidget 1.0